Pregnant and Postnatal Training for Personal Trainers – Level 2
The physiological changes that women experience during pregnancy and after pregnancy are important considerations for their programming and training with you.
As a fitness professional, you must know which exercises are safe for pre/postnatal women.
Enroll in our Pre and Post Natal Fitness Certification Course and gain CEC’s you need to be qualified and insured as a fitness instructor for pre and post natal women
This online course was developed in collaboration with world-class fitness and women’s health experts. You will gain in-depth knowledge about the anatomical changes pregnant women experience and their unique needs. You will also learn how to modify exercise routines to suit your clients’ individual needs and create fitness programs that help them build strength during their pregnancy and regain their fitness after birth.
Watch HERE to see what level of this course is best for you.
Duration: 5 hours
This course has been created in partnership with Fitness Education Online.
If you’re based in the USA or CANADA please purchase this version of the course and receive 0.8 NASM CEUs / 8 AFAA CEUs and link to this page.
- Module 1: Risk and Clearance – What can you do and what should you avoid
- Module 2: Pregnancy – How to write effective and safe programs for each trimester
- Module 3: Pelvic Floor Plus – Everything you need to know about pelvic floor and exercise
- Module 4: Common Women’s Health Conditions – How to modify training or write effective programs for those with PCOS, endometriosis and women who have experienced breast or ovarian cancer, and hysterectomy.
- Module 5: Fourth Trimester / Post Natal – best practice for women returning to exercise post birth. Including how to assess for DRAM.
- Module 6: Empathy Training – the skills you need to empathetically engage with your client, even when you have no personal experience to share.
Feedback from Course Participants
I personally think a great course is not just about the content. A course should also be relevant to the needs of the audience, matches the level of the audience, and employs a versatile teaching approach to fit the learning style of all types of learners. Most importantly how the speaker encourages learning through class activities, learning-friendly presentation templates, and the speaker’s non-verbal cues to facilitate learning. I am super confident to say that Mish meets my expectations (even it was virtual!) and I look forward to more learning opportunities with her as well as to introduce her to my partners in Asia. She is definitely at the forefront of fitness education. Thank you again for the courses!
Stay in the Loop for Education Updates